Children and adolescents increasingly turn to mobile media devices and SmartScreen’s, the Smartphone in particular - at home, at school or on the move-, to stay connected with family and friends, for schooling activities and to access a variety of digital media contents and services including social media, music, videos, and games. The everytime-and-everywhere-access to mobile media has changed children’s and adolescents’ everyday life with potential implications on their -from a broad perspective- socialization, consumer patterns, schooling orientated behaviour among others. This conference wants to address these issues both from a theoretical and methodological perspective. We welcome Case Studies and research in the conference topics. -Click here for "one click all info" .pdf-
Deadline for abstract submission: 15th of may 2019
Acceptance of abstracts will be announced on the 15th of June 2019.
Abstracts to be sent via this link https://goo.gl/NYGPRd 500 to 600 words max for double blind peer review.
Think also in participating in the Associated Monograph to this event at www.revistacomunicar.com , JCR, Q1,
Ranked 7th in 2018 in Communication-Journals JCR Ranking see links as follows with full indications and dates:
For logistical issues contact firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
More specifically we welcome research from (though not exclusively) the following topics:
1. Role of mobile media in children´s and adolescents‘ at school, and in everyday life.
2. Methodological challenges of research on mobile media and Smartscreens
3. Teacher&Parental mediation and monitoring of mobile media use.
4. Impact of mobile media on children’s and adolescents’ social development and consumer behaviour.
5. Mobile media and children’s and adolescents’ risks, threats and opportunities.
6. Mobile media contents and activities, cultural and educational consumption: Games, Video, Music consumption, Education, Democracy, Social Interaction, Marketing-Publicity, new phenomena or old habits in new screens.
7. Uses and consumption of mobile media at "school" at "home" or "on the move", filling the gap between children use of Smartphones and Tablets at School, in itineris or Home, is there one?.
8. Regulation and protection of Children in mobile media devices, apps, social networks, and gaming activities, marketing,… and others.
9. Children´s approaches to opportunities, risks, safety, literacy, entertainment in Smartscreens and other devices.
10. Any other topics related to “Children, Youth and Media”, from a scientific perspective including, education, communication, arts and culture, psychological interaction, neuroscience, marketing and children,…
There will be two parallel sessions and expect a maximum of 80 individual presentations.
Key note Speakers:
Prof. Dr. Sonia Livingstone (LSE, London School of Economics, UK) 19th of September from 9:30 to 10:15 .
Prof. Dr. Antonio García-Jiménez (URJC, University Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid, Spain), 20th of September from 9:30 to 10:15 .
Twitter Sonia Livingstone at https://twitter.com/livingstone_s?lang=es
Early Bird (before the 16th of June 2019) Regular Registration (After the 16th of June 2019)
ECREA-Members 59€ (Early Bird) 70€ (Regular Registration)
Students-Phd Students & “Low Income Countries” 49€ (Early Bird) 55€ (Regular Registration)
Non-ECREA-Members 70€ (Early Bird) 80€ (Regular Registration)
Participants will be responsible for their own travel, accommodation and dinner expenses. Two lunch tickets will be provided for each registration, for Thursday and Friday Lunch.
Host/Location: Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Salamanca, Campus Unamuno, 37071, Salamanca, Spain.
University of Salamanca, City of Salamanca at 200km from Madrid in direction Portugal.
See at URL: https://firstname.lastname@example.org,-5.662056,13z
The event will take place at the University of Salamanca, Faculty of Social Sciences, Salamanca (near Madrid), Spain.
Local organizer Prof. Dr. Félix Ortega, email@example.com from the Department of Sociology and Communication, Faculty of Social Sciences, Salamanca University and
Prof. Dr. Patricia Núñez-Gómez , firstname.lastname@example.org from the Faculty of Information Sciences, University Complutense Madrid.
Organizing Committee: Laura Rodríguez-Contreras, Javier Amores, Beatriz González-Ispierto, Diego Ramos, Sofía Trullenque.
Scientific Committee: Dr. Elisabeth Staaksrud (University of Oslo), Dr. Bieke Zaman, (UKLeuven), Dr. Juan José Igartua Perosanz, (USAL), Dr. José Manuel Pérez Tornero (UAB), Dr. Maria Marcos (USAL), Dr. Carlos Arcila Calderón (USAL), Dr. Antonia Picornell-Lucas (USAL), Dr. Sara Serrate (USAL), Dr. María José Rodríguez-Conde (USAL), Dr. Antonio García-Jiménez (URJC), Dr. Félix Ortega (USAL), Dr. Patricia Nuñez-Gómez (UCM), Dr. Victoria Tur-Viñes (Universidad de Alicante).